Friday, March 30, 2012

So, I finally know...

So, at long last, I have finally decided what I want to do when I grow up.  I mentioned in my last post a couple of weeks ago that I was taking a stitching break to work on some beading.  Well, I have discovered that I absolutely love making jewelery and the ideas come so easily.  I have decided that I am going to try to open my own business making and selling beaded jewelery and other beaded items.

  I have several design ideas in mind for some christmas ornaments and a couple of support ribbon necklaces.  I can not wait for the time to sit down and actually draw the designs out in a beaded pattern.  Right now I have been busy making earrings, braclets, and necklaces.  Tonight, I bought a display to put some of the finished products on so that I can get some better quality pictures without my "work" mess in the background.  I can't decide whether or not I should go ahead and post the pictures I have so far here or wait until I have some better ones so that I can show my work off here. 

I am trying to decide how to start out, if I want to start out online or just at flea markets and local beauty shops and maybe try to work some craft shows.  Do any of you have any suggestions or helpful information.  I would appreciate any feedback or ideas you all have to offer. 

Ok, so I can't stand it.  I know you all like pictures so I will show a few just remember they are not good pictures, they are just the ones I snapped to send to my husband when I would finish somethhing or have a question about a certain piece. 


This is what I call blue teardrop set this is before I actually put it together.  This is the final version of this particular design

This is what I referr to as my green earrings.  I think this is my favorite pair so far

This is another version of the blue teardrop necklace before I made my mind up which one I liked best.  With this version there was not enough of the blue teardrop beads to make the bracelet or
 earrings I wanted without going back out to town to get more.


So there you have a preview of what i've been working on.  I plan on having a website set up in the next few days and I have an email that I will be using strictly for this purpose, rabeadcreations@live.com feel free to let your friends know.  I will let you know when I have the website up and running. 

I did not mean for this to become such a runaway post, I just had a lot I felt the need to share with you all tonight.

I will be back in a couple of weeks with some stitching updates and pictures.

Until next time happy stitching and have an enjoyable weekend.

Amanda

No comments: