Monday, November 21, 2011

No stitchy news today

I don't really have any stitchy news today, just need to get some thoughts out of my head.  Yesterday was my birthday and as par for the course it was a crappy day. Weather was rainy and ick all day and more information about the situation with my son was forthcoming.  I wish I could let it all out here, but not quite sure how appropriate it would be and how many of my readers would run away knowing everything that has gone on (nothing I or my husband have done dear son made some very bad choices. Yes, I am used to being judged harshly by my parents and peers so i feel i need to defend myself).  It is a really messy situation and only getting more complicated as the days and weeks go by.  I have found out that there are a lot of rules and laws set up by agencies that put families like ours in a very difficult no win situation. 

On to better happier news, my husband did take me to see the new Twilight  movie (yes, I am a big fan). I have to say this one is my favorite so far.  I only hope the next half is as good.  It was nice going out like that, not something we do very often anymore. 

I did manage to stitch for about 10 minutes yesterday before an appointment I had, but after the appointment I didn't feel like stitching.  I am hoping after the appointment today I will feel like stitching.  Yesterday was the first day I've had off since last Sunday, and with my work hours  changing from early morning one day to closing the next my body can't decide when to sleep, so stitching has been very limited lately.  I know I have an actual weekend off coming up soon, so I am thinking about doing my own hermitting weekend then, provided I don't have a million appointments and what not to tend to. 

I am really sorry if this post brought anyone down.  I don't mean to make anyone uncomfortable or to sound like a whiny baby, just helps to talk it out to someone besides my husband everynow and then.

Thanks for reading my blog today.

Amanda

4 comments:

gracie said...

I understand the problems of a family. If many were to be honest they would admit to it also. This is your blog to express your work and your feelings ... do not apologize. Friends are for sharing and caring...this is blogging friendship. Find some time even a few moments for yourself. Keeping you in my thoughts.....

Terry said...

Don't apologize for talking/venting about things. It's your blog and if people don't want to read the personal stuff they can click off and return for stitchy stuff later. lol

I love Twilight too. Have read the series at least twice. lol I plan on getting the movies on bluray or dvd soon (as they are released).

Hope your week gets better and things with your son settle down.

Hugs!
Terry

Blu Stitcher said...

Hi Amanda,

Everyone is right, this is your blog to say whatever you want and need to. My family has many problems, in fact so many that I have not talked to my Sister in 2 years. I cry for the good times I had with her and I am thankful that I don't have to deal with the drama, anger and abuse during the bad times.

{{ Hugs }} And Happy belated Birthday.

Linda

lesli said...

Happy belated birthday :)

One of my favorite quotes...hoping to help you smile....

"A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl."
- Stephan Hoeller